Summer Resident Camps
At our summer resident (overnight) camps, girls get a taste of independence in a safe and fun environment. Campers enjoy the best parts of being a kid: learning and playing in groups where everyone belongs, trying new and different activities, and exploring hands-on nature experiences. Camp sessions are broken into themes to suit every interest. Songs, skits, campfires, laughter, and friendship are all part of each girl's summer camp experience.
Registration for summer camp will open spring 2022.
- Girls stay at Camp Winacka near Julian.
- Resident camps are open to all girls entering grades 2-12.
- Sessions are five or 12 days long.
- Campers are supported by trained, caring, enthusiastic camp counselors.
- Camp meals are tasty, nutritious, and kid-friendly. Most dietary needs can be accommodated given proper notice.
- Chartered bus transportation is available.
- Take our camp readiness quiz to see if resident camp is right for your girl!
Resident Camp Activities
Each group of campers and staff plans its own activities based on the girls' interests. Additional activities are based on the camp session's theme. Campers can expect to spend about half their time at camp doing activities related to their theme, and about half their time enjoying general camp activities, such as arts and crafts, hiking, archery, nature activities, swimming, team-building and sleep-outs. Choose a theme with your camper by looking for activities she already loves, or has always wanted to try!
All Girl Scouts San Diego camps are accredited by the American Camp Association (ACA). This national organization requires camp managers to meet rigorous standards in every facet of operation. Girl Scouts San Diego is proud to meet these important criteria. Find out more at the ACA site for parents.