Summer Resident Camps
At our summer resident (overnight) camps, kids get a taste of independence in a safe and fun environment. Campers enjoy the best parts of being a kid: learning and playing in groups where everyone belongs, trying new and different activities, and exploring hands-on nature experiences. Camp sessions are broken into themes to suit every interest. Songs, skits, campfires, laughter, and friendship are all part of each camper's summer camp experience.
: This planning guide
contains detailed information about camp and will help you and your
camper prepare for their adventure! You and your camper are
responsible for all the information in this handbook, and their
success at camp depends on your preparation.
- Campers stay at Camp Winacka near Julian.
- Resident camps are open to all youth entering grades 2-12.
- Sessions are five or 12 days long.
- Campers are supported by trained, caring, enthusiastic camp counselors.
- Camp meals are tasty, nutritious, and kid-friendly. Most dietary needs can be accommodated given proper notice.
- Chartered bus transportation is available.
- Take our camp readiness quiz to see if resident camp is right for your child!
Resident Camp Activities
Each group of campers and staff plans its own activities based on the campers' interests. Additional activities are based on the camp session's theme. Campers can expect to spend about half their time at camp doing activities related to their theme, and about half their time enjoying general camp activities, such as arts and crafts, hiking, archery, nature activities, swimming, team-building and sleep-outs. Choose a theme with your camper by looking for activities they already love or has always wanted to try!
Read our Summer Camp FAQs.
All Girl Scouts San Diego camps are accredited by the American Camp Association (ACA). This national organization requires camp managers to meet rigorous standards in every facet of operation. Girl Scouts San Diego is proud to meet these important criteria. Find out more at the ACA site for parents.