Youth Members: All youth members who join or
renew their membership between April 1-May 31, 2023 are eligible to
receive an Early Bird Patch.
Troops: National Marine Mammal Foundation is providing a program experience! This workshop will educate the community on the impressive diving adaptations of marine mammals and introduce young people to the underwater world, while also addressing marine mammal conservation issues and their relevance to human and ocean health. Workshop participants will learn about marine mammals and their adaptations to diving and living underwater, including increased oxygen storage capacity, circulatory adaptations and adjustments while diving, and high-pressure tolerance. STEAM experiments highlighting topics of pressure, buoyancy, hydrodynamics, and oxygen storage will be incorporated throughout the workshop.
Troops need to renew 70% of youth members in their troop for our next membership year. To calculate this number, we pull a roster of all eligible troops on April 1 and take out all graduating high school seniors. Next, we use the remaining number to calculate 70%.
Escondido Program Center:
- Saturday, June 17, 10 a.m.
- Friday, June 23, 4 p.m.
- Tuesday, July 11, 6 p.m.
Balboa Program Center:
- Saturday, June 24, 10 a.m.
- Sunday, June 25, 3 p.m.
- Sunday, July 9, 3 p.m.
- Saturday, July 15, 10 a.m.
What is an eligible troop? A troop that has:
- 2 non-related adults and 3 girls for Cadette, Senior, and Ambassador
- 2 non-related adults and 5 girls for Daisy, Brownie, and Junior
- Each service unit who renews 55% of adult members by May 31,2023 will earn 55% off their encampment site fee for 2023-2024 encampment.
- If your service does not have an encampment on a GSSD site, you are still eligible to receive 55% off the encampment site fee. 55% off is based on encampment site you were assigned in first encampment lottery.