Meeting in person:
Troop leaders and service unit volunteers must follow the new COVID-19 guidance to decide whether and how to host in-person activities. If/when you decide to host, be sure to share the participation information with families, and collect the included waiver. These requirements are based on the color-coded California Blueprint for a Safer Economy, which ties infection metrics to possible activities. As such, it's subject to change. Be sure to check frequently for updates.
When you can't meet in person:
We can keep the Girl Scout spirit going strong even when your troop can’t actually meet face-to-face. These Return to Troop Guidelines and COVID-19 Attendee Screening information will help you prepare when it's time. Meanwhile, here are some virtual meeting resources.
- Hybrid Meeting Tips
- Tips and tools for planning a virtual meeting (from GSUSA)
- Digital icebreakers and games (from GSUSA)
- Supporting your troop virtually (article from GSUSA)
- Group management and tips and tricks for troop leaders (videos from GSSD Outreach team)
- Tip sheet for making meetings virtual (PDF from GSSD)
- Safety Activity Checkpoints for virtual meetings (PDF from GSSD)
- Request virtual meeting assistance from GSSD staff
Troop travel plans disrupted? Visit the Volunteer Essential Troop Finances page for a COVID-19 update.