Does your troop activity need approval?
A troop activity or trip needs approval from your service unit activity consultant if it meets one or more of these criteria:
- The activity lasts more than eight hours or overnight.
- The Safety Activity Checkpoints require approval.
If you need approval:
- Complete these forms:
- Activity Approval Form (save this form to your computer before completing it).
- Trip or Event Permission Form (provide these to families; electronic signature is fine).
- A Safety Management Plan (if your activity is complex or if required by your activity consultant).
- Request approval from your activity consultant. Answer a few questions and upload the documents you completed in Step 1. Upload just one copy of the Trip or Event Permission form—not one for each girl.
Note: These forms are required whether visiting Girl Scout San Diego properties or elsewhere.
If you don’t need approval:
- Let parents know where you’ll be and when. Use the communication method you agreed on.
- Provide a Trip or Event Permission Form for any parent who didn’t give permission for routine activities on the Girl Health History and Annual Permission Form.
- Make transportation plans clear. If troop parents will be driving girls other than their own, ensure that they’ve had a background check and have received the Message to Volunteer Drivers.
- Always follow the Safety Activity Checkpoints (following these is required even if approval isn’t required).
- Have fun and share your troop’s experiences at sdgirlscouts.org/shareout.
Other resources you might need
What Insurance Do I Need for My Activity?
Approval for Encampments and Large Events (50+ or 3 or More Troops)
When Special Approval Is Needed
Questions? Contact your activity consultant or firstname.lastname@example.org.