Jeni is a Mission Village resident whose Girl Scout journey began as a Brownie and continued through high school. She made her favorite childhood memories in Girl Scouting: making new friends, camping and enjoying traditions. Her Girl Scout sisters are still some of her closest friends. When her daughter Gabriella decided to join Girl Scouts, Jeni became her troop leader. She quickly increased her volunteerism with Girl Scouts San Diego in order to seek more opportunities for the girls in her troop and service unit. Jeni is a council delegate for Mission Trails Service Unit and a council trainer. She enjoys hiking, geocaching, gardening and volunteering with her children at Feeding America San Diego and the Serra Mesa Food Pantry. Jeni and her husband have a teenage son, in addition to Gabi, now a Girl Scout Junior.
National delegate responsibilities:
- Attend all local orientation and preparation meetings prior to the National Convention.
- Study the National Council Meeting agenda.
- Understand Girl Scouts San Diego’s stance on actions to be taken by the National Council (delegates may vote independently, based on the best interests of Girl Scouting as a whole).
- Attend all National Council meetings and report National Council actions to Girl Scouts San Diego members.
- Know parliamentary procedures and how to use them.
- Participate as a national delegate for the entire three-year period of 2020-2022.
A national delegate must be:
- A citizen of the United States of America.
- A registered member of Girl Scouts San Diego.
- Fourteen years of age or older.
- Able to represent the points of view of various ethnic, racial, educational, civic, religious, and socioeconomic groups.
- Willing to prepare thoroughly on the issues and business that will come before the National Council.