Adult Learning (Training)
Welcome to the Adult Learning department at Girl Scouts San Diego! Taking advantage of council training opportunities is an investment in yourself and the girls you serve.
Through our Core Leadership Series, Outdoor Program, and other enrichment opportunities, you will learn how to maximize the Girl Scouting experience by participating in hands-on workshops that will increase your competence and confidence as you learn new skills and techniques, tips and tools.
We offer a wide variety of courses designed to fully support you as you guide girls through their Girl Scout Leadership Experience.
Browse through our current Training Catalog available here.
Core Leadership Series
New Leaders Start Here! The Core Leadership Series provides new leaders and adult volunteers with an overview of the Girl Scout organization and the Girl Scout Leadership Experience (GSLE). There must be at least one adult in attendance at every meeting of girls who has completed all of the following Core Leadership materials and courses taken in the following order:
Keep in mind that to ensure an optimal experience and enhance the effectiveness of the group, as many adults as possible should take the Core Leadership Series.
Classes fill up quickly so Online Class Registration is best. Or, you may register by submitting the Training Registration form at our office or by fax, mail, or email.
Take it outside! The following classes taken in order will allow you to introduce girls to the great outdoors at a pace you all feel comfortable with and supports age-appropriate progression. That means you don’t have to take all the classes at once - spread it out! You can register online here!
- Let’s Camp (for any overnights, encampments and troop camping)
- Let’s Cook 1 and 2 (when girls are ready to work with knives, fire and cooking)
- Let’s Tent (only needed for rustic camping)
These classes are designed to support you on your leadership journey. We offer CPR and First Aid, Encampment Director training, Archery Instructor, Troop Tripping, Blasting into Brownies, Jumping into Juniors and Cadette and Older Girl Roundtables. Click here for our current list of classes!
Training by Request
This option may be available for those unable to find a class time and location to meet their needs. In order to request a training, you should first:
Tips for a Successful Class Experience
- Register early! Classes fill up quickly, so online registration is best.
- No drop-ins! All materials are prepared according to number registered.
- Not sure if you are registered or need to cancel? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- On the day of your class, feel free to bring drinks and snacks. Arrive early so that class can get started on time, and please arrange childcare -- we cannot accommodate children.
- If for some reason you cannot attend, please let us know so that someone else can take your spot.
Join our Adult Learning Facilitator Team!
We are seeking experienced Girl Scout volunteers with dynamic presentation skills to train our Core Leadership, Outdoor and Enrichment classes. We work with you to accommodate your schedule and preferred locations. We ask a commitment to minimally facilitate one class per month and occasional webinars. Share your wisdom, sparkle and experience with new leaders! Contact us at: email@example.com
||Adult Learning Specialist
||Adult Learning Assistant
||Adult Learning Manager