Summer Day Camps
With a summer camp for every interest and age level, there's never been a more exciting time to attend Girl Scout day camp! Develop new skills and ideas, face challenges and celebrate your successes with new friends.
- Spring and summer camps are held at Girl Scouts' Balboa Campus, Escondido Program Center and other county locations, including museums, parks, recreation centers and amusement parks.
- Girls in grades K-12 attend camps with themes and activities customized for their ages and interests. Campers will work on, and may complete, Girl Scout recognitions.
- Girls are decision-makers, with leadership opportunities in every day camp program.
- Sessions typically run Monday through Friday, for approximately six hours each day, with occasional overnight adventures.
- Girls can sign up as individual campers or attend with a buddy. Because day camp programming is age-specific, we can only accommodate buddy placement for girls within one grade level of each other.
- Extended care is available mornings and afternoons at our Balboa Campus.
Teen mentoring opportunities
See our teen mentor (DCA/CIT) page to learn more about camp leadership opportunities for girls entering grades 7-12.
See our volunteer page to learn more about opportunities at our summer day camps.
Read our Summer Camp FAQs. (Parent information guides available January 2019.)
All Girl Scouts San Diego camps are accredited by the American Camp Association (ACA). This national organization requires camp managers to meet rigorous standards in every facet of operation. Girl Scouts San Diego is proud to meet these important criteria. Find out more at the ACA site for parents.