Girl Scouts Silver Award
Going for the Girl Scout Silver Award—the highest award a Girl Scout Cadette can earn—gives girls the chance to grow as leaders while improving their communities. Girls must be in grades 6-8 and a registered Girl Scout Cadette.
During their leadership adventure girls will:
- Complete a Cadette Journey including earning the journey awards and completing a journey related take action project
- Work as an individual or in a small group (2-4 maximum) where girls take the lead
- Take action on a community issue
- Get help and guidance from a troop/group volunteer or content expert in the community
Suggested minimum hours: 50
Final report deadline:
September 30 of the year girls enter grade 9 or finished her project.
Girl Scout Silver Award Overview
View the Flash presentation or download as a PDF
View the Girl Scout Bronze and Silver Award Online Course
Girl Scout Silver Award Steps
- Go on a Cadette journey.
- Identify issues girls care about.
- Build a Girl Scout Silver Award team or decide to go solo.
- Explore the community.
- Choose a Take Action project.
- Develop a project.
- Make a plan and put it into motion.
- Reflect, share their stories, and celebrate.
Questions? Read the Girl Scout Awards FAQs or contact Amanda Host at firstname.lastname@example.org or (619) 610-0781.