Share Her Annual Real Expense
Leadership defines Girl Scouting. Through Girl Scouts, a girl gains confidence and inspiration to become a leader among her peers and in the community.
While a girl pays just $15 a year to join Girl Scouts, the cost for our council to provide her with a year of relevant, quality programming is over $300. Your SHARE donation helps us bridge this significant gap between dues and actual program costs, keeping Girl Scouting affordable and available for every girl. All SHARE funds stay local to benefit Girl Scouts in your neighborhood through:
- Programs – Girls discover new talents while participating in camps, challenge courses, trips, workshops and other activities and events.
- Financial aid – Regardless of their family’s ability to pay, all girls deserve to benefit from Girl Scouting!
- Volunteer training – Adults receive the support, training, tools and program materials they need to empower Girl Scouts to succeed.
- Property upgrades and maintenance – Keeping our council properties (Camps Winacka and Whispering Oaks, and service/program centers in Balboa Park, Carlsbad, Escondido, and El Centro) in pristine condition ensures girls a safe environment to enjoy programs.
SHARE gifts of any amount make a difference. It's easy to participate:
Contact the Fund Development department at (619) 610-0705 or email@example.com.
SHARE patch contest
Anamaria A. of Troop 5969 in Imperial Beach won the 2014 SHARE patch contest. See her design, incorporating sunshine, flowers, butterflies and the slogan "help girls grow," at top right, with other finalists' entries. Everyone who donates $25 or more to the SHARE Campaign will receive Anamaria's colorful patch in the new year.
Congratulations to all who entered the contest, including the top four finalists:
Tracie L. of Troop 6398
Teresa P. of Troop 1276
Ava C. of Troop 6398
Emily M. of Troop 8216
Thank you to all who participated!
Find our 2014 informational flyers for SHARE coordinators at any of our locations’ resource centers, and patches in our council stores. To receive patches or flyers by mail, please contact Dawn Bruckel, (619) 610-0705.
SHARE coordinator contest
Congratulations to our SHARE contest winners:
- Oak Creek Service Unit won the drawing for those that met their goal on or before the end of SHARE month. Under the guidance of SHARE coordinator Antoinette Simonetti, Oak Creek raised money with monthly bake sales. Their prize: a picnic lunch and Balboa Campus tour with CEO Jo Dee Jacob for five members of the SU team.
- Coronado Service Unit took the prize for most creative SHARE event and strategy. Diane Trus, SHARE Coordinator, planned and hosted a fashion show to raise funds.
You can still make a SHARE gift on our giving page, or when you register, to help us provide every girl with the Girl Scout experience. Your gift will count toward your service unit's SHARE goal. The campaign runs on the membership year and wraps up Tuesday, Sept. 30.