January 2014 Assembly Meetings!
Girl Scout members 14 years of age and older shared their thoughts at our Balboa Campus, Escondido Program Center and Imperial Valley locations.
A guiding principle of the Girl Scouts San Diego Bylaws is that we "honor the voice of membership." Council delegates help make sure our Board and management team hear the voice of our members.
Council Delegate Nomination Process
- Nominator identifies and talks to prospective nominee, or nominee self-nominates
- Nominator and nominee review and complete the Council Delegate Nomination Form
- Nominator returns the nomination form to our council
- Nominee receives the Council Delegate Self-Paced Training Booklet in the mail
- Nominees are voted in at one of the three January assembly meetings
Council Delegate Qualifications & Responsibilities:
- Must be a registered member 14 years or older;
- Serve a two-year term;
- Will vote in the elections of Council Officers, members of the Board of Directors and GSUSA National Council Delegates;
- Will have the opportunity to serve on task groups exploring special topics and projects;
- Will identify and make known major issues affecting girls and adult volunteers;
- Attend and participate in an Annual Assembly Meeting;
- Attend and participate in our council's Annual Meeting – TBD;