The Appreciation Pin recognizes adults who have delivered outstanding service to one or more service unit areas.
- Registered Girl Scout adult member in good standing
- Has provided outstanding service to a service unit area or program delivery audience in a way that furthers the council’s overall mission and goals to serve all girls and increase diversity, membership, visibility and/or program participation
- Service goes above and beyond the expectations for the position held
- Use online form to submit the Appreciation Pin nomination with two endorsements.
- Endorsements must be from two individuals or groups (other than the nominator) who are familiar with the service performed by the candidate.
The recognitions task group reviews the nomination form and endorsements and approves or denies the award. The volunteer recognitions specialist notifies the nominators of acceptance or denial and notifies candidates of acceptance.
- Square golden pin depicting the Girl Scouts logo
- Presented annually at the Volunteer Celebration