A special thank you for 17 years of support and Midway magic!
- 6 p.m. Guests board USS Midway
- Throughout the evening
- Museum tours of “Life of a Naval Aviator”
- Interactive community partner booths
- “Notes from Home” letter writing station
- Photo opportunities
- Concession stands and GSSD pop-up store
- 7:40 p.m. Live program with Heather Lake, FOX 5 San Diego
- 8:15 p.m. Fun-filled dance party by DeOndre
- 9 p.m. Event ends
- Get directions and parking information for the Midway Museum.
- Please note: Weekends are very busy in Downtown/Seaport Village/Waterfront Park area. Parking will be limited, and we encourage you to arrive early, carpool with other attendees, use rideshare, or public transit.
- Learn more about the SANDAG Youth Opportunity Pass pilot program, where all youth (under age 18) ride free on the bus, Trolley, COASTER, and SPRINTER through June 30, 2023.
Girl Scout uniforms vests, sashes, and T-shirts and patriotic wear are encouraged! We suggest wearing layers as it gets chilly at night, and the entire event will be outdoors.
ITEMS NOT PERMITTED
- Chairs of any kind
- Alcohol, glass containers
- Wagons, unoccupied strollers or wheelchairs
- Coolers larger than six-pack size
WHAT TO BRING
- Small meal items (e.g., brown-bag dinners or takeout meals); snacks-hamburgers and hotdogs will be available for purchase; no food deliveries (strictly enforced)
- Six-pack size coolers (no larger coolers or wagons)
- Small blankets to use while picnicking on the flight deck
- Strollers and wheelchairs, if occupied by an individual
Follow Girl Scouts San Diego on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and TikTok. During the program and celebration, share your photos and videos using #OTMSendoff #BestPlace4Girls, and tag us @sdgirlscouts.
COVID-19 HEALTH AND SAFETY GUIDELINES
Following CDC’s Community Levels measurement tool and the California Department of Public Health’s mask requirements, masks are now optional for Girl Scouts San Diego and its events.
Here is more information on our COVID-19 health and safety guidelines.