An Emerging Leader Girl Scout embodies the mission and promise of Girl Scouts to make the world a better place and exemplifies the highest caliber of leadership, courage, confidence, and character. She is the essence of a G.I.R.L. (Go-Getter, Innovator, Risk Taker, Leader)TM.
Not only does she thrive in the classroom as a scholar and achiever, but an Emerging Leader also flourishes in the community, where she solves problems and stands up for causes close to her heart. She is curious about the world and inspires others with her positivity and can-do spirit. She is poised to make a difference and elevate those around her.
We look forward to recognizing the 2018 Class of Emerging Leaders for their outstanding achievements at school, in the community, and within the Girl Scouts movement at our 2018 Cool Women luncheon on Friday, April 13.
San Diego Girl Scouts in grades 10-12: You are invited to apply for the 2018 Emerging Leader program by Monday, Feb. 26.
To be eligible, you should:
- Be a currently registered Girl Scout for the 2017-2018 membership year
- Be a current 10-12th grade student
- Show us your G.I.R.L. power inside and outside of Girl Scouting
- Relate to one of the G.I.R.L. qualities and be able to articulate why you want to participate and what you can gain from this experience
- Be able to attend the Cool Women Luncheon on Friday, April 13, missing a full day of school (required)
- Be able to attend one of our mandatory orientations as detailed below (required)
As part of the 2018 Class of Emerging Leaders, you will:
You will meet with female business leaders from around San Diego during a morning mentoring session and be recognized at our 2018 Cool Women Luncheon. Prior to the event, you will receive networking skills, business etiquette and personal brand basics training through an orientation, as detailed below:
- Hone your strengths: Cultivate your personal brand, develop your elevator pitch, learn networking dos and don’ts, practice business etiquette and get the details for the upcoming Cool Women luncheon.
Mandatory — choose one of two dates:
» Sunday, March 18, 2:30-5 p.m.
» or Saturday, March 31, 10 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Share your G.I.R.L. power at the Cool Women luncheon.
Mandatory: Friday, April 13, 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
» 9:30-11 a.m. Morning mentoring session with local female business leaders
» 11 a.m.-noon Reception
» noon-1:30 p.m. Luncheon
Event Speakers: You may choose to apply to be a speaker at this event. Event speakers will be matched with one of this year’s class of Cool Women for a one-on-one mentoring session and interview. Additional commitments include:
- Attending our Public Speaking Skills workshop on Sunday, Feb. 25, 2:30-5 p.m.
- Meeting with and interviewing your Cool Woman match between Thursday, March 1 and Friday, March 9. Date and time are flexible.
- Attending a pre-event rehearsal on Thursday, April 12 (time TBD).
Contact Steph Dawes.