Ideas for Renewal
- Hold an "end of year" party to plan activities for the 2014 year. Invite parents and guardians so they can complete forms on the spot. This is a great opportunity to enlist adults as volunteers!
- Suggest to the girls to use part of their cookie money for registration.
- Go on a tour of your local Girl Scout property with a resource center. Invite the parents to come along and see what Girl Scouts has to offer, then stop by the resource center and use the computer available to volunteers to let the parents sit down and do online registration while the girls play a game (contact the location for hours).
- Hold a court of awards for the girls, where they will receive the awards and badges that they have earned throughout the year. Invite the parents and families to come and see what the girls have done. Use that time to have the parents renew the girls for the 2014-2015 year.
- Ask each parent to make a contribution to the SHARE campaign. Remind them that SHARE donations help provide Girl Scout programs and facilities to girls in San Diego. All contributions are kept locally.
Do you have additional ideas to get the members of your troop renewed? Do you want to hear what other troops are doing? Join in the discussion on Facebook.
Tips for Renewal
- Online renewal is available for all existing members, and any girls joining an existing troop.
- Instructions for how to renew online will be given out at the April service unit meeting. They will also be available in the renewal packet your troop receives.
- Troops will receive their renewal packet with instructions to renew online, a few blank membership forms, troop guide to the spring campaign, membership Dues Summary form, and opportunity fund forms.
- Parents can renew their own and daughters membership online, and no paper forms are needed.
- Leaders can renew the entire troop online.
- Each member, girl and adult, has their own online account.
- If submitting paper forms to the registrar for renewal, payment must be made with credit card or check. No cash is accepted for renewal.