Recruitment "How To" and Tips & Guidelines
Keep in mind when planning a recruitment event:
- Troop and service unit events must be pre-approved by the regional membership development coordinator or lead membership organizer.
- Prospective girl members must be accompanied by parents/guardians. All girl participants must be registered in order to be covered under Girl Scout insurance.
- Keep activities easy and fun.
- Gather parents to talk about Girl Scouts and the leadership experience.
- Talk about your personal leadership experience.
- Focus on recruiting volunteers to be leaders, co-leaders or members of the leadership team. Inspire new leaders to start one more troop.
- Reach out to girls in every corner of your community. Invite one more neighborhood.
Flyers and publicity
- Get school approval to flyer an individual classroom or entire campus.
- Order pre-approved Girl Scout flyers at any time. Talk with your membership development coordinator about flyer options and school district approval. It takes two weeks to get flyers printed; please plan accordingly.
- Have girls invite friends and family to a troop meeting to see how simple it is to become a troop leader. Or plan a special activity to introduce them to Girl Scouting.
- Look for creative ways to advertise your event at www.sdgirlscouts.org/spring.
Girl Scouts San Diego :: 1231 Upas Street, 92103 :: (619) 298-8391 or (800) 643-4798 :: firstname.lastname@example.org
The GIRL SCOUTS name, mark and all associated trademarks and logotypes, including the trefoil design, are owned by GSUSA.