On Thursday, May 15, all council stores (Balboa, Escondido and Carlsbad) will be closed all day for our annual staff conference. Normal store hours for all locations will resume Friday, May 16.
Recruitment "How To" and Tips & Guidelines
Keep in mind when planning a recruitment event:
- Troop and service unit events must be pre-approved by the regional membership development coordinator or lead membership organizer.
- Prospective girl members must be accompanied by parents/guardians. All girl participants must be registered in order to be covered under Girl Scout insurance.
- Keep activities easy and fun.
- Gather parents to talk about Girl Scouts and the leadership experience.
- Talk about your personal leadership experience.
- Focus on recruiting volunteers to be leaders, co-leaders or members of the leadership team. Inspire new leaders to start one more troop.
- Reach out to girls in every corner of your community. Invite one more neighborhood.
Flyers and publicity
- Girl invitation - Fun way for girls to invite friends and classmates to a meeting or recruitment event.
- Get school approval to flyer an individual classroom or entire campus.
- Order pre-approved Girl Scout flyers at any time. Talk with your membership development coordinator about flyer options and school district approval. It takes two weeks to get flyers printed; please plan accordingly.
- Have girls invite friends and family to a troop meeting to see how simple it is to become a troop leader. Or plan a special activity to introduce them to Girl Scouting.
- Look for creative ways to advertise your event at www.sdgirlscouts.org/spring.
Girl Scouts San Diego :: 1231 Upas Street, 92103 :: (619) 298-8391 or (800) 643-4798 :: firstname.lastname@example.org
The GIRL SCOUTS name, mark and all associated trademarks and logotypes, including the trefoil design, are owned by GSUSA.