2014 Spring Membership Campaign
- The 2014 Spring Membership Campaign is ready to roll! This spring, we’re focusing on recruitment of girls and volunteers. We want our current members — girls and adults — to have fun spreading the word about Girl Scouting and why they love it. We can’t wait to … share Girl Scouts!
When is the 2014 Spring Membership Campaign?
Saturday, March 1-Saturday, May 31
What's new this year?
- The 2014 Spring Campaign focuses on recruitment. We’ll hold our renewal campaign in the early summer.
- Social media involvement (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram) will help get the word out.
- Troop incentives include a cool patch, plus a chance to win a Girl Scout activity or experience.
- Participating service units will have the opportunity to earn major discounts on encampment fees.
- Incentive troop and SU report card will be submitted online
- Don’t re-invent the wheel! Connect with your membership development coordinator or your service unit for great ideas that have proved fun and successful.
- Visit www.sdgirlscouts.org/spring-recruitment for recruitment ideas that could work for you!
- Event needs to be pre-approved and volunteer-led
- Register non-member girls
Troops that host a recruitment event during the Spring Campaign and complete the report card by Sunday, June 15 will receive:
- A patch for each troop member that participates in the recruitment event.
- Entry into a drawing for the troop’s choice of an experience at Old Fliegler’s Farm, Passion for Fashion, Adventure Zone, Ceramic Class or Paddle Boarding. A winner from each program level will be selected on Monday, June 16.
Earn extra drawing entries* by sharing pictures of your troop recruitment event on social media using the hashtag: #sdgirlscouts
- Post pictures to the Girl Scouts San Diego Facebook page (www.facebook.com/sdgirlscouts).
- Post pictures to Instagram and tag sdgirlscouts.
- Tweet a picture @sdgirlscouts.
*Maximum of 4 entries. Before posting photos, get permission from girls’ parents. Do not post full names with the picture.
For service units
Service units that host a recruitment event during the Spring Campaign and complete the report card by Sunday, June 15 will enter a drawing for their choice of half off either an encampment site fee or a Play It Safe workshop for the service unit. The winner will be chosen on Monday, June 16.
During the recruitment campaign, service units will also be able to earn half off an encampment site fee, meaning the service unit could potentially have their full site fee paid for encampment during the summer renewal campaign!
Service units can earn extra* drawing entries by increasing their number of Membership Organizers and Troop Organizers. *Maximum of 3 entries