Girl Scouts Forever Green
Girl Scouts and SDG&E began the Forever Green partnership during our 100th Anniversary year. Together, we’re helping girls and their families help the environment through smart energy use.
- See SDG&E's tips for a safe and economical holiday season.
- Schedule a free, annual gas safety checkup by calling 1-800-411-7343 or visiting www.sdge.com/serviceorders.
- At the SDG&E Energy Innovation Center, Girl Scouts learn about good environmental practices. Take a guided tour to see their “green” kitchen, house and garden.
- The more you know, the more you can save! Use SDG&E’s room-by-room energy guide to see how you and your family can lower your monthly bill … and help the planet.
- SDG&E’s “Please Conserve Energy” video, available in English and Spanish, features Lee Ann Kim, one of our Cool Women of 2013.
- Making Cents of Energy: SDG&E’s funny series of short videos shows you how to save energy by caulking and sealing your home, unplugging appliances when not in use, taking advantage of online tools like My Account, buying smart light bulbs and household electronics, and knowing the difference between conservation and efficiency.
- Watch SDG&E’s "Fire Season Safety" video for tips on protecting your home.
- Earn credit on your utility bill by saving energy between 11 a.m. and 6 p.m. on certain days. When SDG&E calls for a Reduce Your Use day, cutting back your consumption helps the environment and saves you money.
We encourage girls to make use of these materials for the It’s Your Planet — Love It! Journey series.