A guiding principle of the Girl Scouts San Diego Bylaws is that we "honor the voice of membership." Council delegates and national delegates help us fulfill this principle.
Council delegates help make sure our board of directors and management team hear the voice of our members. For more information on becoming a delegate, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Council delegate qualifications and responsibilities:
- Must be a registered member 14 years or older;
- Serve a two-year term;
- Will vote in the elections of Council Officers, members of the Board of Directors and GSUSA National Council Delegates;
- Will have the opportunity to serve on task groups exploring special topics and projects;
- Will identify and make known major issues affecting girls and adult volunteers;
- Attend and participate in an Annual Assembly Meeting;
- Attend and participate in our council's Annual Meeting.
Be a council delegate
Questions on how to connect with your delegate? Contact email@example.com.
Every three years, national delegates representing each council in GSUSA gather for the National Convention and conduct business at the National Council Meeting.
National delegate responsibilities:
- Attend all local orientation and preparation meetings prior to the National Convention.
- Study the National Council Meeting agenda.
- Understand Girl Scouts San Diego’s stance on actions to be taken by the National Council (delegates may vote independently, based on the best interests of Girl Scouting as a whole).
- Attend all National Council meetings and report National Council actions to Girl Scouts San Diego members.
- Know parliamentary procedures and how to use them.
- Participate as a national delegate for the entire three-year period of 2017-2020.
A national delegate must be:
- A citizen of the United States of America
- A registered member of Girl Scouts San Diego
- 14 years of age or older
- Able to represent the points of view of various ethnic, racial, educational, civic, religious and socioeconomic groups
- Willing to prepare thoroughly on the issues and business that will come before the National Council
GSUSA’s 54th National Convention
Monday-Sunday, Oct. 2-8, 2017
Apply online or by mail (download fillable PDF form) by Thursday, Sept. 15, 2016 to represent Girl Scouts San Diego at the 2017 National Convention and National Council Meeting. Accepted delegates will be notified of their position in December 2016.
Questions? Contact Dayana Silva-James, (619) 610-0771.