10 Awesome Reasons to Stay in Girl Scouts!
To prepare girls for the leadership roles they’ll take on in the
future, we need to provide them with an unparalleled leadership
experience now—an experience that can only come from the best
leadership organization for girls in the world: Girl Scouts.
Use the talking points below to explain the Girl Scout Difference—on
calls, in emails, and at events!
1. It’s the best leadership experience for girls in the world,
period—one that is designed with, by, and for girls! Research shows
that girls learn best in an all-girl, girl-led environment.
2. Girl Scouts helps all girls take the lead early and
often. And we’re backed by more than 100 years of experience and
expertise in the field.
3. Everything a Girl Scout does centers on STEM, the outdoors,
development of life skills, and entrepreneurship, and is designed to
meet her where she is now and to grow along with her.
4. This year we added new Journeys and badges in STEM and the
outdoors! Combined with existing STEM and outdoor programs, as well as
programming that addresses life skills and entrepreneurship, these new
Journeys and badges help girls empower themselves to take the lead
like a Girl Scout as they accomplish amazing things and work toward
Girl Scouts’ prestigious Bronze, Silver, and Gold Awards—the highest
honors a Girl Scout can earn.
5. Girl Scouts is about civic engagement! Our littlest Girl
Scouts, Daisies, can now earn the new Good Neighbor badge as they find
out more about their communities. And Girl Scouts at every grade level
can make the world a better place by getting involved in their
community, school, or local government as part of the It's Your World—Change
It! Journey—or by advocating for positive change using our
awesome G.I.R.L. Agenda resources.
6. The Girl Scout Gold Award is among the most prestigious
awards in the world for girls—and it’s only available through Girl
Scouts! Gold Award Girl Scouts:
- Are especially active in their communities—meaningful and
- Earn college scholarships unique to the Gold
- Demonstrate high educational and career
7. The inclusive, all-female environment of a Girl Scout troop
creates a safe space where girls can try new things, develop a range
of skills, take on leadership roles, and just be themselves.
8. Activities such as hiking and camping offer girls
opportunities for exciting, girl-led outdoor adventures while they
learn valuable life lessons and leadership skills.
9. Girl Scouts fuels the female leadership pipeline:
- 50% of female business leaders—Girl Scout alums.
of female U.S. senators—Girl Scout alums.
- 100% of former
female U.S. secretaries of state—Girl Scout alums.
10. No one does this better than Girl Scouts. Compared to women
who weren’t Girl Scouts in their youth, Girl Scout alums soar in life. They:
- Have more successful careers
- Enjoy higher household
and personal income
- Are more active as mentors and
- Vote more regularly