Invite friends, classmates, and neighbors to join Girl Scouts!
Also, ask them to attend a Girl Scout meeting or activity with you. Many Girl Scout families and volunteers have chosen to join simply because a friend or colleague invites them.
Create social media posts using #inspirealeader, #inspireatroop, and #inspireagirlscout to inspire new troops to form and new girls to join, and reference this webpage (sdgirlscouts.org/inspire).
Remember to use photos of your troop to enhance and personalize your posts.
Personalize these sample social media posts, or create your own!
- My daughter and I have been having so much fun in Girl Scouts, and I think everyone should have a chance to participate! Want to know more about all of the amazing things you and your girl can do in Girl Scouts? Ask me, or check out sdgirlscouts.org/inspire. You can also join my troop for [insert your fun, upcoming activity info here]—message me for more information.
- I would love to help you come on board with Girl Scouts—ask me questions! I especially enjoy [insert your favorite Girl Scout topics], and would love to share my experiences with you.
- One thing I didn’t know about Girl Scouts before I joined was [insert an interesting opportunity here]. What Girl Scouts activity are you curious about?
- Frirends, who can help me plan a party to help a new Girl Scout troop get started?
- [Insert your GS inspiration] inspired me to become a Girl Scout leader. I had no idea I would [insert your favorite fun, surprising GS activity]. Let me know if you want to join the fun!
Other post ideas
Share a quote or special Girl Scout moment from your girl(s).
Have the girls in your troop make a list of why they love their leaders, and tag friends and parents who might like to lead. Let them know you think they would be a great leader!
Create and share a list of the ways in which Girl Scouts has positively impacted your life and your daughter’s life. Share it on social media with a distinct invitation to others to lead!