Reports to: Adult learning specialist, adult learning manager
Term: One year; may be reappointed annually
Function: Collaborate with staff and other trainers to meet the adult learning needs of the council volunteers.
- Positive and encouraging coaching skills that foster confidence in leaders
- Effective oral, writing and reading skills
- Able to deliver engaging and interactive presentations to groups as well as individuals
- Professional appearance, performance and demeanor while serving as a representative of Girl Scouts
- Able to work productively and respectfully with people of diverse cultures, abilities, personalities, ages and backgrounds
- Email and Internet capabilities for efficient communication, document sharing and research
- Honor and live by the Girl Scout Law.
- Serve as a positive role model to girls, troop leaders, parents, other organization members, staff and the public.
- Understand and articulate the Girl Scout Leadership Experience, the Leadership Keys, Processes and Outcomes and how they support the girl program.
- Has the time and energy to devote to the position.
- Flexible schedule to accommodate the diverse needs of the volunteers.
- Share best practices and new ideas for course visual aids, facilitation skills, classroom props, etc.
- Complete trainer summary after each class and attach to roster.
- Practice positive communication skills; able to give and receive constructive feedback.
- Embrace opportunities for personal growth and enrichment.
- Open to mentor others as well as be guided by mentors.
- Be a registered member “in good standing” with current volunteer paperwork and background clearance on file.
- Completion of the required training progression relevant to the chosen Adult Learning Team pathway.
- Train a minimum of 6 classes or 18 hours per membership year.
- Participate in scheduled Adult Learning Team events, i.e., Annual Trainers Conference, trainer roundtables, skill workshops, etc.
- Comply with Volunteer Essentials guidelines and Safety Activity Checkpoints.
- Accept and comply with Girl Scouts of the USA and Girl Scouts San Diego Council policies, procedures and guidelines.
This position description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Reasonable accommodations will be made to allow individuals with disabilities to perform volunteer jobs with Girl Scouts San Diego whenever possible.