An Emerging Leader Girl Scout embodies the mission and promise of Girl Scouts to make the world a better place and exemplifies the highest caliber of leadership, courage, confidence, and character. She is the essence of a G.I.R.L. (Go-Getter, Innovator, Risk Taker, Leader)TM.
Not only does she thrive in the classroom as a scholar and achiever, but an Emerging Leader also flourishes in the community, where she solves problems and stands up for causes close to her heart. She is curious about the world and inspires others with her positivity and can-do spirit. She is poised to make a difference and elevate those around her.
At our 2018 Cool Women luncheon on Friday, April 13, we recognized the 2018 Class of Emerging Leaders for their outstanding achievements at school, in the community, and within the Girl Scouts movement.
Ana De Almeida Amaral
Angeline Santa Romana
Teia Shannon Wright
The application window for the 2018 Emerging Leader Program has now closed. The application required girls to:
- Be a currently registered Girl Scout for the 2017-2018 membership year
- Be a current 10-12th grade student
- Show us your G.I.R.L. power inside and outside of Girl Scouting
- Relate to one of the G.I.R.L. qualities and be able to articulate why you want to participate and what you can gain from this experience
- Be able to attend the Cool Women Luncheon on Friday, April 13, missing a full day of school (required)
- Be able to attend one of our mandatory orientations (required)
Contact Steph Dawes.