Featured Scholarships and Programs
Many of our community partners and other organizations offer scholarships perfect for Girl Scouts.
The Sunflower Scholarship
apply by Monday, March 12
The Chelsea’s Light Foundation’s Sunflower Scholarship Fund Academic Scholarship is a unique funding opportunity offered to academically successful students who are passionate about inspiring positive change in their communities. Since its inception in 2011, Chelsea’s Light Foundation has awarded more than $390,000 in scholarships to outstanding college-bound San Diego high school students. Scholarships have ranged from $1,000–$5,000 and are intended to be used for tuition, books, fees, room & board and moving expenses.
- Be high school seniors
- Reside in San Diego County
- Have a minimum 2.5 GPA
- Plan to attend a four-year college or university in the Fall of 2018 as a full-time student
- Be actively involved in extra-curricular activities
- Be actively involved in community service and/or civic involvement
- Submit a completed application postmarked no later than Monday, March 12, 2018. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered. Application materials MUST also be submitted in one envelope.
Download the application, information and guidelines.
The Gloria Barron Prize for Young Heroes
apply by Sunday, April 15
The Gloria Barron Prize for Young Heroes celebrates inspiring, public-spirited young people from diverse backgrounds all across North America. Established in 2001 by author T.A. Barron, the Barron Prize annually honors 25 outstanding young leaders ages 8 to 18 who have made a significant positive impact on people, their communities, and the environment. Since its inception, the Barron Prize has awarded more than half a million dollars to hundreds of young leaders. Winners receive a $10,000 cash reward to be applied to their higher education or a service project…and more!
Applicants must be:
- Between the ages of 8 and 18 (not yet age 19)
- Permanent residents of and currently residing in the U.S.A. or Canada.
- Currently working on an inspiring service project or have done so within the past 12 months.
- Working as an individual to lead their service work. The Barron Prize does not accept applications from large groups of young people.
Learn more about the Gloria Barron Prize and apply.
More scholarship opportunities
Cottey College Grants and Scholarships (Girl Scout Leadership Award Scholarship available)
San Diego Foundation 2018-2019 Common Scholarship Application (deadline: Feb. 1, 2018 at 2 p.m. PST)
Paul Smith's College Gold Awardee Scholarship (PSC students only)
PEO Scholarships (rolling deadlines)
Find more on the GSUSA scholarship page.
Check out Review.com’s Guide to Applying for Scholarships.