Adults: Volunteer for day camp!
Volunteers are essential to the day camp experience. Join us! Have as much fun as the campers, while developing leadership skills, mentoring other girls, experiencing the outdoors and making new friends! There is no cost to volunteer, and your child will receive a significant discount on camp fees. Apply early for best placement options.
Volunteers with children at camp
A COV (child of volunteer) rate is listed for camps that use volunteers. To receive the COV rate for your camper, you agree to work the full week of camp.
To volunteer: Register your child under the COV category to receive the discount. Then complete the Day Camp Volunteer Application. A camp background check form will be sent to you. If you are not selected to volunteer, your girl may attend camp at the regular rate.
COV/Boy or Preschool indicates a camp that can accommodate male or preschool siblings of campers, to allow their parents to volunteer at camp. The boys and preschoolers enjoy activities in their own groups, with their own leaders. Please contact the camp director for information.
Volunteers without children at camp
There are many ways for volunteers to help at day camp, for a few hours or for a full week. You might help with science experiments, teach knitting, lead a sailing lesson or provide logistic support to a director…it’s up to you! To learn more, contact Mary Mautino at firstname.lastname@example.org or (619) 610-0719.
Adult volunteer opportunities and training
- Training sessions:
- Camp director plans and implements day camp, including developing a budget, planning program and training and supervising day camp volunteers and staff
- Assistant camp director assists the director in planning and organizing a camp
- Program director helps to plan and implement general camp activities
- Unit leader/counselor leads a group of campers through their week of fun activities
- Health supervisor manages health and safety through prevention and treatment
- Program volunteer shares expertise or hobby with campers during a short workshop or presentation
- Business manager maintains the budget and finances of a camp