2015 Girl Scout Cookie Program
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is Girl Scout San Diego's baker?
Little Brownie Bakers.
Where can I find nutritional information for Girl Scout Cookies?
Please visit our baker's website.
How can I get my hands on the new gluten-free cookie?
The new Toffee-tastic gluten-free cookie is a pilot program for our council and its availability is limited. Ask a local Girl Scout for details.
Why did the price of a box of Girl Scout Cookies increase?
For the first time in over a decade, the price has changed. Cookies sell for $5/box. Since the last price change over 10 years ago in 2004:
- Our cost for cookies is 23% more.
- Our total operating expenses are 38% higher.
- Cookie proceeds remain our largest source of income (nearly 70%).
- Our council still provides programs, activities and facilities for all of our local girls and volunteers.
Where can I find delicious recipes featuring Girl scout Cookies?
Please visit our Cookie Recipe page or our Pinterest page.
Where does the money from each $5 box of cookies go?
- $0.75-1.00 Troop proceeds (service projects, camp, travel, etc.)
- $1.13 Cost of cookies, program materials and events
- $0.19 Girl rewards
- $2.68+ Council (activities for girls, volunteer training, facilities maintenance, financial assistance, etc.)
How does our council spend proceeds?
All cookie proceeds stay in San Diego and Imperial counties to benefit local Girl Scouts. The council's proceeds support girl events and programs, volunteer training, camps and facilities, and provides the financial assistance that keeps Girl Scouting available and affordable for all.
- 82% Service to girls
- 12% Management
- 6% Fundraising
Please visit Girl Scouts USA's FAQs page or email