Each group of campers and staff plans its own activities based on the girls' interests. Additional activities are based on the camp session's theme. Campers can expect to spend about half their time at camp doing activities related to their theme, and about half their time enjoying general camp activities, including arts and crafts, hiking, archery, nature activities, swimming, challenge course, sleep-outs and cookouts. Choose a theme with your camper by looking for activities she already loves, or has always wanted to try!
Summer Resident Camps
At our summer resident (overnight) camps, girls get a taste of independence in a safe and fun environment. Campers enjoy the best parts of being a kid: learning and playing in groups where everyone belongs, trying new and different activities and exploring nature hands on. Camp sessions are broken into themes to suit every interest. Songs, skits, campfires, laughter and friendship are all part of each girl's experience.
Girl Scouts San Diego's 2018 summer camp offerings will be available
Thursday, Feb. 1.
Check out 2017's camp brochure for a climpse of what it's all about.
- Girls stay at Camps Winacka and Whispering Oaks near Julian.
- Resident camps are open to all girls entering grades 1-12.
- Sessions are five, seven or 12 days long; a three-day "Mini-Camp" at Whispering Oaks is also available.
- Campers are supported by trained, caring, enthusiastic camp counselors.
- Camp meals are tasty, nutritious and tailored to girls' special dietary needs.
- Chartered bus transportation is available.
- Take our camp readiness quiz to see if resident camp is right for your girl!
Resident camp activities