Camp 2013: Best. Summer. Ever.
Imagine a place where you achieve things you never dreamed you could do. Explore the galaxy, hit the trails on horseback, navigate a kayak, learn to be a savvy traveler or write and star in your own movie. Those are just a few of the adventures that await you. With a host of experiences to choose from -all designed with girl input- Girl scout camp encourages independence and develops character, while building confidence and a sense of sisterhood. As you make new friends and build memories, you'll find yourself have the... Best.Summer.Ever.
At Girl Scout camp, we:
- Develop courage, confidence, and character
- Strengthen girls' leadership skills
- Enhance connection to the natural environment
- Welcome all girls K-12
We offer day and resident camp sessions to fit every girl's interests, abilities and dreams. Non-members simply add $15 dues to the camp fee and enjoy Girl Scout membership throughout the year.
All Girl Scouts San Diego camps are accredited by the American Camp Association (ACA). This national organization, which focuses on program quality and health and safety issues, requires camp managers to meet rigorous standards in every facet of operation. Girl Scouts San Diego is proud to meet these important criteria. Find out more at the ACA site for parents (www.campparents.org)
Registration begins Friday, Feb. 1
Camp Open House at Balboa Campus, Sunday, May 5, 1-4 p.m.
Explore our Balboa Campus, site of many of our day camp programs. Both day and resident camp staff will be on hand to answer your questions about day camps, Camp Whispering Oaks and Camp Winacka. Please wear comfortable closed-toe shoes and bring water bottles. No advance registration required. For information, call (619) 298-8391.
Camp Open House at Winacka and Whispering Oaks, Sundays, March 17, April 28 and June 16, 1-4 p.m.
Check out what's in store for girls with a visit to our resident camps near Julian, CA. Bring the whole family for a personalized tour and Q&A opportunities with a camp counselor. Visit sleeping, dining and activity areas. Please wear comfortable closed-toe shoes and bring water bottles for your group. No advance registration required. For information, call (619) 298-8391.
Day Camp Volunteer Training Fair
Saturday, April 27, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. 28, 9 a.m. -1 p.m., Balboa Campus
Enjoy all the fun of camp without spending the night. Girls get a taste of camp, make new friends and work toward earning badges. Each camp features a program theme with specialized activities.
- Held at Girl Scouts' Balboa Campus, Escondido Program Center and other county locations, including museums, parks, recreation centers and amusement parks.
- There are day camp programs for girls of all grade levels.
- Girls attend camp five consecutive days for approximately six hours each day.
- Extended care is available mornings and afternoons at Balboa Campus.
- Most sessions run Monday through Friday with occasional overnight adventures.
- Exciting new sessions include Bejeweled, Pirates and Princesses, and Robin Hoods.
At our summer resident (overnight) camps, girls have fun and learn about science and space, the environment, hiking, canoeing, mountain biking, leadership and much more at camps such as Just Add Water, Super Hero Academy and Camp Chef.
- Held at Camps Winacka and Whispering Oaks near Julian
- Open to all girls in grades 2-12
- Sessions are five, seven or 12 days long
- Three-day "Mini-Camp" at Whispering Oaks also available
- Camp meals are tasty, nutritious and tailored to girls' special dietary needs
- Chartered bus transportation available
- Parents can send mail to their campers or bring it to bus locations
Our flexible three-tiered payment program lets you choose the best fee for your family. Based on the honor system, it helps keep Girl Scout camps available to every girl, regardless of her family's financial situation. This program is completely confidential. Each camper participates equally, regardless of the fee she pays.
- Tier A prices cover the true cost of providing camp for a girl. Please pay Tier A prices whenever possible so we can continue to provide highly qualified staff and relevant programs at well-maintained camps.
- Tier B prices partially subsidize fees for families who cannot afford Tier A.
- Tier C prices are heavily subsidized for families unable to pay Tier A or B prices.
- Financial assistance is available for those who cannot afford Tier C.
Cancellations and request for transfers or refunds must be done in writing.
- Cancellations: If you cancel your camper's session, your deposit is non-refundable.
- Transfers: Because transferring between sessions is considered a cancellation of the original registration, your deposit is non-refundable.
- Refunds (less deposit) are not available until at least three weeks prior to the start of the cancelled session.
- If a camper is not placed in any of her listed choices, all fees (including the $50 deposit) are refunded.
Financial aid is based on family circumstances. Assistance is available for up to two camp sessions per camper per year. Applicants must reapply each year. To request aid:
- Mail, fax, or deliver the financial assistance application with camp registration form and $25 deposit. No online applications.
- Wait for your acceptance notification. If the camper is not granted financial assistance or is placed on a wait list, the deposit will be returned.
- Send your final payment by June 1st or at least two weeks before the camp session starts.
Online camp photos and e-mail service
Enjoy an inside peek at your camper's experience! We post photos to www.Bunk1.com, a secure photo service. Parents have free access to view photos and may order prints for a small fee. Resident camp parents may also purchase credits to send one-way e-mails to their campers via Bunk1. Login information is provided in your confirmation materials.
What if your girl earns a free five-day summer camp experience by selling cookies?
Girls who sell 525+ boxes of cookies earn a free, five-day session at day or resident camp. Eligible sessions are marked with a cookie symbol next to the description. A reward notification and registration code will be mailed in April.
Optional: If you wish to register for a camp session before receiving your official camp reward registration letter, you will be required to pay the standard $50 camp reservation deposit. This deposit is non-refundable whether or not the camp reward is earned. However, if your girl does not earn the reward, you may apply the $50 to the cost of regular camp fees.