Girl Scout summer camp employment
Each year, Girl Scouts San Diego hires more than 100 individuals from throughout the United States and around the world, to bring the magic of summer camp to girls. Girl Scouts San Diego serves 3,000-plus girls each summer through our resident and day camps, all designed to provide an atmosphere where girls build courage, confidence and character. Under the guidance of our talented staff, campers participate in activities that boost self-esteem, develop skills, enhance teamwork — all while having fun making memories of a lifetime. Our camps are accredited by the American Camp Association “ACA” — a national organization that sets high standards for the health and safety of campers and staff.
What can camp do for you?
Campers are not the only ones who benefit from camp. As a staff member, you will gain amazing experience you can use throughout your entire life.
Camp can …
- Develop or improve positive communication skills
- Allow you to be a positive role model
- Teach flexibility while working under pressure
- Foster team-building and cooperation skills
- Provide connections and networking opportunities.
- Develop personal and inter-personal skills
- Teach responsibility and accountability
- Provide hands-on experience working with girls ages 5-17
Do you have what it takes?
Working at camp is one of the most rewarding— yet most difficult— jobs you will ever have. You’ll think like an adult, but play like a kid while building courage, confidence and character in not only in our campers but yourself.