Charitable Gift Annuities
Help secure your future, and the future of Girl Scouts San Diego, with a Charitable Gift Annuity made through our partnership with The San Diego Foundation.
When you transfer cash or securities, the Foundation pays you a fixed annual income backed by its extensive resources.
By supporting our council with a Charitable Gift Annuity, you help girls explore science and technology, leadership
, healthy living
, environmental stewardship and global citizenship. Your gift also underwrites financial assistance for girls, volunteer training and maintenance for our seven properties.
With a Charitable Gift Annuity, you'll benefit from:
- Safe, fixed income for your lifetime. Payments are made regularly and the amount is locked in when you open the annuity.
- Real estate, securities, cash and other investments currently paying little or no income can be converted into a safe, secure and predictable source of earnings through a charitable gift annuity.
- A fixed rate of return at attractive rates unaffected by fluctuating market conditions. Gift annuity rates generally exceed those for typical CDs.
Gift Annuity Rates (one recipient)
|Lifetime Annuity Rate ||5.5% ||5.8% ||6.4% ||7.2% ||8.1% ||9.5%|
These rates are effective as of December 22, 2010.
- Tax savings - for now and in the future. Part of your gift annuity contribution is considered a charitable gift by the IRS, so you receive an immediate income tax deduction. You can also claim part of the annuity payment as tax-free income during the life of the annuity. Please consult your tax advisor.
- Membership in our Legacy Circle which honors friends who have included Girl Scouts in their estate plans. You'll enjoy social gatherings and members-only events, be recognized in our annual report and on our donor wall.
How does a Charitable Gift Annuity work?
A Charitable Gift Annuity example: John & Lynn (79 & 78) are retired and wanted to establish a $25,000 gift annuity for San Diego Girl Scouts using a CD that was paying 1.5% or $375 per year. By choosing a charitable gift annuity, their income increased four-fold to $1525 annually and provided them with a charitable income tax deduction of $9,155. They also learned that $1,148 of their income would be treated as tax-free until the end of 2023. And, they were happy to benefit Girl Scouts!
This illustration represents how a donor might benefit from a charitable gift annuity and may or may not represent your individual circumstance. Please contact us for examples that apply to your situation.
For a no-obligation example of how a Charitable Gift Annuity can enhance your financial portfolio, contact Gift Planning Officer Merle Brodie at firstname.lastname@example.org
or (619) 610-0804.